I’m sharing a veggie tacos recipe I found on my
torturer friend (and Pilates instructor) Crys’ blog, Dancing Moon Pilates. A no meat recipe!
Roasted Veggie Tacos with Avocado Cream and Feta
Roasted Veg Tacos with Avocado Cream and Feta
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 small summer squash, diced
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 1 ear sweet corn, removed from cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Avocado Cream:
- 1 ripe avocado
- ⅓ cup full fat, plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoons lime juice
- Everything Else:
- Feta or Goat Cheese
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- Extra cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400˚. Prepare all the veggies as described and toss with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and cumin. Roast until tender and lightly browning.
- While veggies are roasting, whip together avocado, Greek yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice.
- To assemble tacos, warm up tortillas (in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel or an oven with a damp tea towel) and assemble with roasted veggies, avocado cream, and a sprinkle of feta.
I have a recipe for Chicken Parmesan to share with you. It’s my family’s very favorite thing I make. And it involves meat, which is a shocker if you know me. (I’m not a vegetarian, I just think meat is generally yucky.) But this recipe is FABULOUS!
3 chicken breasts
salt and pepper
2 beaten eggs
1 cup or flour
1 1/2 -2 cups of seasoned croutons (use food processor to crush)
2 TBSP olive oil (add more if needed)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 large jar of spaghetti sauce.
Flatten chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Put beaten eggs, flour and crushed croutons in separate shallow bowls. Dip chicken in flour, then the eggs, then the croutons. Make sure the chicken is completely covered on both sides. Brown slowly in the heated oil til golden brown. (Heat oil on medium-medium high.)
Pour 1/4 – 1/2 jar of spaghetti sauce to the bottom of a 9 x 13 dish. Lay chicken on top of the sauce, then add slices of mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken. Add more sauce to the top of the chicken and cheese, then top with Parmesan cheese.
Heat oven to 350. Cook covered with tin foil for 20 minutes, then an additional 20 minutes uncovered. Serve over spaghetti noodles.
I heat the remaining sauce in a pan to have if needed. I always serve this dish with garlic bread and a fruit salad. ENJOY!