I was recently asked by Procter & Gamble and The Home Depot if I would be interested in writing about tips and products for getting your outdoor space ready for summer. My reply was “YES!”
Is my outdoor space ready for summer? NO! My deck was painted in the spring. But back went the dirty grill and the table and chairs. I also have a screened-in porch that has… well, nothing really. Some of you may remember my post in the spring when my brother tiled the porch floor and painted the ceiling a Haint blue. It looks fantastic! But then I stopped. I didn’t buy chairs or anything to make the space inviting.
So, accepting this assignment meant I was going to face my dirty, neglected deck. And while no one said I had to decorate my screened in porch, who am I to turn away from an opportunity to change the look of a room?
I received a bottle of Mr. Clean Outdoor Spray, Mr Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Eraser, one Bounty Paper Towels roll, and a natural colored canvas The Home Depot apron. I was armed and ready!
- Maintain your outdoor furniture – Keep it looking good all summer.
- Inspect your deck – Give it a good once over, check for loose nails, bricks, cracked concrete.
- Remove the clutter – Clean up, power wash, remove unnecessary items/debris.
- Accessorize – Add in the little touches (i.e., plants, outdoor lighting, lanterns, centerpieces).
- Clean your grill – Give your grill a clean start this season.
According to a recent Procter & Gamble (P&G) survey, only 25 percent of consumers clean their grills and only 20 percent clean their outdoor furniture. Keeping them clean can help them last longer.
(Nope, rain doesn’t count as cleaning I found out!)
I desperately needed to get my newly tiled porch some furniture and accessories . Not wanting to spend much money, I found some chairs, very similar to my deck chairs, at The Home Depot for $14.00. I bought three for a total of about $45.00 with tax! I love a bargain! I had bought an old iron and wood table at an antique store quite some time ago and it never had a home in my house. Now it’s the table for the porch. It’s perfect! I added some plants, a lantern, coasters made with tile and scrapbook paper, and pillows I already had. I’m not quite finished, but my porch is coming together! Take a look around your house. You probably have accessories perfect for your outdoor space.
Procter & Gamble and The Home Depot sent me a prize package to give away to one of my readers, which includes:
- A full-size bottle of Mr. Clean Outdoor Spray ($3.97 retail value)
- Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Eraser ($9.97 retail value)
- One Bounty Paper Towels Roll ($1.97 retail value)
- A custom LeatherCraft 2-pocket natural colored canvas The Home Depot apron (.77 retail value)
If you are ready to spruce up your outdoor space and would like to enter to win this prize package, just leave me a comment and I will add your name to the drawing. (Drawing will close in 2 weeks from today.)
Just a reminder… The Home Depot is a one stop shop for purchasing P&G products, including Mr. Clean Outdoor Spray, Mr. Clean Outdoor Pro Magic Eraser and Bounty.
Thank you Procter & Gamble and The Home Depot!
Disclosure: Procter & Gamble provided the prize pack for my consideration as well as the prize package to one of my readers. All opinions are my own.